Tips & tricks on how to care for your garment, and also information about our Lifetime Warranty
Washing your down-filled coat is easy – you just have to know what you’re doing.
What You'll Need:
- Washing machine
- 2-3 clean tennis balls or dryer balls
- Mild liquid laundry detergent
- Proofing spray (optional)
- Remove any junk from pockets and any removable trim.
- Ensure zippers are zipped up and all buttons and velcro are fastened, including the center front.
- Throw your parka into the washing machine on warm or cold wash (less than 30ºC) at delicate/gentle setting. Do not wash with any other garments, and avoid using fabric softener.
- After the cycle is complete, place in dryer immediately.
- Set your dryer to Tumble Dry - Low (not exceeding 40ºC), and throw in a couple of clean tennis/dryer balls with your wet parka to help fluff the down back out to its original loft.
- Remove parka from dryer when it is completely dry.
Coats are suitable for dry-clean except styles in the Patinak fabric and/or waterproof zippers.
Remove trims as necessary. Use a dry cleaner who has experience with cleaning down products.
Other Care Tips & Tricks
Fur Trim and Shearling
Clean the trim by brushing off dirt with a bristled brush.
Shearling is a natural fibre and with wear will take on its own unique look. To achieve a purled shearling look, tumble wash and dry the shearling on low and the result will be more textured.
After extensive use and a few washes, the water-repellency of your garment will start to fade. Re-proof your coat every season or after each wash to help maintain its original repellency. .
Natural materials need to breathe. You can store them in fabric boxes, or a fabric bag or luggage.
A custom OSCX garment bag is included with each parka.